Toddler Childcare & Early Education Programs
In our toddler daycare & education program, your toddler is making great developmental strides -- from first steps to potty training!
We respond to your toddler's growing curiosity, energy and enthusiasm with fun learning activities and creative playtime, while introducing structure and a routine. These experiences help make learning fun!
Your toddler's teacher will plan a day that includes story time, outdoor play, song and dance. We also work with you when your child is ready to start the potty training process.
The foundation of our toddler daycare curriculum is Creative Curriculum®, a nationally-recognized, award-winning program that supports your child in developing critical skills. We enhance this curriculum with the latest research into brain-based development, available only at The Sunshine House.
As your toddler develops, we create structures and routines to meet your little one’s ever-increasing skills.
Inside Your Toddler's Day
- Learning interactions, including relationship building exercises, critical thinking, sensory and language experiences
- Small group brain-based learning experiences
- Story time that includes Seeds of Literary, focusing on literacy skills and character development
- Music and movement
- Outside time
Goals of the Toddler Daycare Program
- Develop positive self-image
- Encourage language development and analytical skills
- Promote creativity
- Begin increasing attention span
- Encourage healthy potty training
- Promote physical development and sound nutrition
- Show more complex emotions
Toddler Program's Developmental Milestones
- Show interest in fine motor skills, like coloring and cutting
- Enjoy using body for large motions (running, dancing, kicking)
- Form phrases and sentences
- Identify names with people and objects
- Begin to recognize that other people have feelings
- Use body to express emotions
- Promote social play
- Downloadable | Developmental Checklists by Age
Our Commitment to Health & Safety
Nothing matters more than your child's health, safety and security. That is why we take every precaution to ensure your child is safe and secure when they spend their day with us.
Every Sunshine House follows our strict health, safety and disinfection guidelines based on current recommendations from the CDC. Each school also has a restricted-entry system, staff trained in first aid and CPR, and most schools have security cameras in all classrooms. Please visit our Health, Safety & Security section for more information.