Experience Summer Camp at The Sunshine House!
Just think. A summer full of adventures, thrilling field trips, unique activities, and new friends! That’s The Quest Summer Camp at The Sunshine House!
Our popular field trips are a summer highlight, with your child participating in something new each week. Water parks, zoos, planetariums, amusement parks, museums, stadium tours, hiking, and the list goes on. And those are just the field trips. Camp includes so much more!
Each week is a new quest with a different theme, with 3 special premier weeks:
- Quest for the Artist Within: Art is more than just drawing! Your child will learn various techniques and create their own masterpieces. Projects include creating a cardboard loom, masking tape murals, Mondrian stained glass art, and our favorite — drawing with scissors like Henri Matisse!
- Quest for Engineering Greatness: STEM Studio has been extended to 2 weeks! Projects include using force and motion to construct a Ferris Wheel, creating a device to clean the environment and save animals, inventing a filter to clean dirty water, waterproofing a roof, and so much more!
- Quest for Growing a Better Community: What’s a greenhouse biome? You’ll find out when your camper creates theirs! Campers will create their own garden. When the harvest arrives, your learner will experience philanthropy and giving-back first-hand.
Other themed weeks* include:
- Greatness (world records/challenges)
- Flight (making things that fly/looking at flight)
- The Stars (space travel/all things planetary)
- Deliciousness (cooking/chef competition)
- The Deep (marine life/under sea travel)
- Fantasy Adventures (literary worlds)
- Mad Science (science experiments)
- Travel through Time (future and past worlds)
- Animal Oddities (animals/strange creatures)
- Sports Domination (sports/games)
- Brand New Worlds (interesting places on earth)
- Architectural Marvels (inventions and engineering feats)
* Themes vary by school. Ask your Director for the specific theme weeks your school is offering.
Think Stretch Summer Learning Program
Research shows that students lose 2-3 months of knowledge every summer. This program, included in summer camp, is designed to help your child hold onto the math, writing and reading skills built through the school year, while having fun. Visit thinkstretch.com for more information.
Junior Summer Camp
For 4 year olds, we offer Junior Summer Camp! Packed with the fun and adventures of The Quest, Junior Summer Camp features special visitors and in-house quests so your younger child can experience camp. Junior Summer Camp does not include off-site field trips due to state transportation restrictions.
Designed for your camper!
- Designed for the interests of 5 to 12 year olds
- Always something new; each week is a new quest
- Unforgettable field trips, activities and special guests
- FREE Swag Bag!
Designed for you!
- Safe, licensed and secure
- Experienced educators and child care professionals
- Fresh, nutritious meals and snacks
- Full-time, part-time and drop-in programs
Camps can fill up quickly, so secure your child’s place by registering today! Tuition varies by school, so please contact your school for pricing. Just call or visit your nearest Sunshine House to get started. With Sunshine House schools across the country, there’s a summer camp near you!
Families have trusted us with their children for more than 40 years. Find out why at The Quest Summer Camp!
FREE Swag Bag!
Who doesn’t love some swag? Your will receive a FREE Swag Bag to use all summer – a cool t-shirt, reusable water bottle, and matching bag to carry all their gear!
Kids Love It!
“My daughter loved everything about summer camp!! She loved the food, field trips, games, teachers & playground! She was so happy with all the great trips!”
Limited spaces available!
Activities and field trips vary by location and age of child. Contact your center for details. In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.