Your First Day
Welcome! And congratulations on taking this important step in your child’s education and development. Now let’s get started!
Below are common FAQs to help you prepare for your child’s first day.
1. How do I drop off my child?
- Enter the building using the front door code provided by your director.
- Sign-in using the lobby iPad. Your director will give you log-in instructions.
- Accompany your child to the classroom, and ensure a teacher is aware of your arrival.
- Your child’s reaction to his/her first day will vary. Some children run right into the classroom while others cry. Both of these reactions – and any in between – are completely normal.
2. What should I know about my child’s classroom?
- Place any belongings or extra clothing in your child’s classroom cubby. This space is also used for letters or progress reports to take home.
- Check your classroom’s communication board for lesson plans, calendars, and other information.
3. What should my child wear?
- Comfortable, seasonally-appropriate clothes that can get dirty.
- For your child’s safety, only tennis shoes or sneakers with a skid resistant sole are allowed.
- Necklaces, hoop or dangling earrings are not permitted, since jewelry can get accidentally pulled or caught during play.
4. What should I bring?
- At least one change of seasonal clothing, labeled with your child’s name.
- A family photo we can display.
- Backpacks are not allowed in all centers, so check with your director.
- Do not bring food. If your child has medically-necessary dietary restrictions, please contact your director.
5. What is the process at pick-up?
- Pick your child up from their classroom.
- Sign your child out using the lobby iPad or computer.
6. How do I log onto the Parent Portal or pay tuition online?
- Visit our Parent Portal. Your director will provide you with your login and password.
- Once registered, you’ll receive emails from our school. You can also make payments, set up autopay, update your information, add authorized pick-ups, and more!
- Tuition is due on Monday for the upcoming week. A late fee is assessed if payment is received after 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
7. How do I download The Sunshine House mobile app?
- If your school offers this feature, you’ll receive an email invitation to set-up your account and download our app. Your email will include your username and password.
- Once logged in, select how to receive your updates — text, email or app notifications.
- After your account is set up, download our app (search “The Sunshine House app” in your app store).
- Login with the same username and password and you’re all set!
If you have a question not addressed here, please contact us or your Center Director. And welcome to The Sunshine House family!