The Sunshine House S. Centennial Ave., Aiken, SC
Daycare, Preschool & Afterschool in Aiken, SC
- Photo & video updates with free mobile app
- School readiness, Spanish and literacy programs
- State-approved, nationally-recognized Creative Curriculum
- Exceptional long-term teachers and caregivers
- Offers First Steps FREE 4K Program
- Healthy meals, snacks, baby food & formula included in tuition
- Secure building with electronic keypad entry
- Aiken Elementary
- Chukker Creek Elementary
- East Aiken Elementary
- Millbrook Elementary
Meet Our Director, Mary Stone
Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to visit our school page! We are committed to providing quality care and education -- to every child, every family, every day! This is where your child’s lifelong learning begins!
My name is Mary Stone. I was born in North Tonawanda, NY, across from the Niagara River about 10 minutes from Niagara Falls. I am a current resident of Aiken, and have been for the last several years. I have been married to my best friend, David, for 27 years and we have three lovely children and two delightful grandchildren!
My professional background is in Accounting, Business Management and Human Resources. I am currently working toward a degree in Early Childhood Education. I became acquainted with The Sunshine House when my children were small and attended. I have worked full-time for The Sunshine House since 2009 and have worked as a Center Director for six years.
The honesty and simplicity of childhood is a wonder within itself. One of my favorite quotes is “Every child is a story yet to be told.”