The Sunshine House Ballantyne / Charlotte, NC
Best 4-Star Preschool & Childcare in South Charlotte!
At Johnston and Marvin Roads
- NC 4-star school
- Voted Most Loved Preschool in South Charlotte
- Real-time photo and video updates with our mobile app
- Exceptional long-term teachers and caregivers
- School readiness, Spanish, literacy & sign language programs
- Cutting-edge interactive technology tables
- State-approved, nationally-recognized curriculum
- Fresh, nutritious meals and snacks
- Secure building with electronic keypad entry
- Elon Park Elementary
- Harrisburg Elementary
- Indian Land Elementary
- Waxhaw Elementary
- Happy Feet
- Soccer Shots
Meet Our Director, Yvette Murphy
My name is Yvette Murphy and I have over 32 years of experience in Early Childhood Education. My desire to work with babies started with babysitting. In original majored in Fashion Merchandising in college until I saw the lab school and was hooked! I wanted to know everything about how children learn and develop. I attended Virginia Tech before attending Kendall College, where I studied Early Childhood Education.
I've worked with Infants to school age and couldn’t tell which age group was my favorite. I enjoy working in the administrative part because I can go into any classroom and visit with all the children. I can also say all the children are “mine”. Their smiles and hugs bring me joy every day. Being an administrator allows me to support the teachers and the families in our center. My goal is to build partnerships because none of us can do it alone. We have to work together to build a nurturing environment for a child to develop. I want parents to feel comfortable leaving their child in our care.
In my spare time, I love to spend time with my family and friends. I also love to shop, read and cook for others.