The Sunshine House Duncan, SC
Day Care & Preschool in Duncan, SC
- Real-time photos and videos of your child with our free mobile app
- Large, fun playgrounds separated by age
- School readiness, literacy and Spanish programs
- Real-time photos & videos with free mobile app
- Exceptional, experienced long-term teachers and staff
- Healthy meals, snacks, baby food and formula included in tuition
- Secure building with electronic keypad entry
- Abner Creek Academy
- Berry Shoals Intermediate
- Duncan Elementary
- Lyman Elementary
- Reidville Elementary
- Wellford Academy
- Happy Feet
Meet Our Director, Heather Mahaffey
Hello, my name is Heather Mahaffey and I have been in childcare and the field of education for more than 15 years. I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education from USC Upstate in 2001, and completed my student teaching in a Kindergarten and third grade classroom.
Prior to joining The Sunshine House, I was able to serve families with children ages 3 months to 15 years at a child development center in Spartanburg. After working in an infant classroom in 2002, I realized my passion was working with young children.
I am passionate about the importance of the early learning years and the building blocks to success provided by early childhood educators. Observing a child develop and grow from an infant to a school age child brings me joy and excitement because I get to be a part of their success.
I have been married for 17 years and have an 11 year old little girl who makes me smile each day! I enjoy antique shopping, vintage sales, and baking cakes during my free time.