The Sunshine House Duncan, SC
Day Care & Preschool in Duncan, SC
Learning Starts at The Sunshine House of Duncan!
You can rest assured your child is safe, learning, developing socially and having fun each day at The Sunshine House of Duncan! Our talented teachers and caregivers focus on school readiness, social, emotional and intellectual development, literacy, problem-solving skills, and what every child needs – love and care!
- Security cameras in all classrooms
- Real-time photos and videos of your child with our free mobile app
- Large, fun playgrounds separated by age
- School readiness, literacy and Spanish programs
- Real-time photos & videos with free mobile app
- Exceptional, experienced long-term teachers and staff
- Healthy meals, snacks, baby food and formula included in tuition
- Secure building with electronic keypad entry
- Abner Creek Academy
- Berry Shoals Intermediate
- Duncan Elementary
- Lyman Elementary
- Reidville Elementary
- Wellford Academy
- Happy Feet
- Meet Our Director
Meet Our Director, Heather Mahaffey
Hello, my name is Heather Mahaffey and I have been in childcare and the field of education for more than 15 years. I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education from USC Upstate in 2001, and completed my student teaching in a Kindergarten and third grade classroom.
Prior to joining The Sunshine House, I was able to serve families with children ages 3 months to 15 years at a child development center in Spartanburg. After working in an infant classroom in 2002, I realized my passion was working with young children.
I am passionate about the importance of the early learning years and the building blocks to success provided by early childhood educators. Observing a child develop and grow from an infant to a school age child brings me joy and excitement because I get to be a part of their success.
I have been married for 17 years and have an 11 year old little girl who makes me smile each day! I enjoy antique shopping, vintage sales, and baking cakes during my free time.