The Sunshine House at Dekalb Medical Decatur, GA
NAEYC-Accredited Daycare, Preschool & GA Pre-K in Decatur, GA
- NAEYC Accredited
- Real-time photos & videos with free mobile app
- Exceptional, long-term teachers and staff
- School readiness, literacy, Spanish & sign language programs
- State-approved, nationally-recognized curriculum
- Fresh, nutritious meals and snacks included in tuition
- Secure building with electronic keypad entry
- Mighty Kicks
- Dance & Arts Showcase
Meet Our Director, Pam Hawkins
I have had the pleasure and privilege of being the Center Director at The Sunshine House in Decatur, GA for the past 14 years. My career in early childhood education experience spans more than 30 years, including 15 years with the Martin Luther King, Jr. Early Learning Center in Atlanta, GA. There I served as a social worker for several years until being promoted to Director. I have also worked as a Center Manager with the Head Start program.
Working with children and families is my passion and an inherited quality. Both of my parents were educators in the Chicago Public Schools for close to 40 years. I am originally from Chicago and moved to Georgia to attend Spelman College, where I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
I am very involved in the children’s ministry at my church and enjoy going to the movies, reading and shopping at thrift stores and yard sales.