As a parent, you know how taxing it can be to constantly scrub your child’s sippy cup and still not feel like it’s completely clean. And then, there’s the straw. What kind of corroded mess is in that straw that you aren’t seeing? That is one of the top reasons we’re going stainless with all our kitchenware. While stainless steel is one of the most natural elements on the planet, it’s also one of the most reliable, especially for parents of littles! Here’s our top 6 reasons you should ditch the ceramics and plastics and go stainless:
1. Stainless steel is corrosion resistant. This is extremely helpful if you’re one of those parents with multiple sippy cups for your child and you can’t remember, “Which one of these had milk in it? Oh yeah, the one I forgot in the car yesterday.” True story. Stainless steel naturally heats and cools when temperatures are applied. Therefore, when you rinse and wash with boiling hot water, it gets seriously clean and the excess mess simply falls off. This doesn’t mean don’t scrub your items; it’s just super reassuring to know you’re truly getting your kids’ cups clean.
2. Stainless steel items are temperature resistant. They won’t alter, break, or crack when certain temperatures are applied to them. So you can use stainless products for a number of different things. Sometimes it’s a chilled water bottle for your tot on the playground, and other times it’s a coffee tumbler for mom on those hectic mornings.
3. Stainless steel is super strong. The aesthetic appeal of stainless steel makes it a popular choice. There’s never any cracking or breaking to be concerned about, so it’s incredibly durable. Stainless cups and plates can survive even the most tragic tumbles and falls.
4. Long life cycle is another reason parents are going stainless with their baby items—even their infant bottles . The average parent spends $30-$60 in the second year of their child’s life on sippy cups alone. This is due to the constant leaking, breaking, and the ever-so-popular straw biting. Stainless steel sippy cups are often accompanied by durable BPA-free straws and a phenomenal cleaning brush for those straws. Stainless steel generally lasts a lifetime.
5. You’re contributing to the environment when you go stainless. Stainless steel is extremely eco-friendly because it is 100% recyclable. New stainless steel typically contains 50-80% recycled material.
6. Last but not least, it ensures healthy consuming. Stainless steel is an alloy composed of natural elements. It’s non-toxic, completely free of phthalates, BOA, lead, zinc and other elements linked to health and safety concerns. While stainless steel may seem a bit on the pricy side, consider this -- you’ll only have to purchase these items once. You can find an entire place setting for your child here .