There are no school closings or delays at this time.
We know that education, development and socialization are important, but your child’s safety is what matters most. At The Sunshine House, we taken every precaution to ensure your child is safe and secure when they spend their day with us.
Here are some things we do to ensure your child is safe:
- Our school is always locked. The front door is secured with electronic keypad entry, so only authorized staff and families may enter. Visitors must sign-in and present a valid ID to enter our building.
- Most schools* are equipped with security cameras throughout classrooms and the lobby. These cameras are closely monitored by management and can be viewed by families at any time in the lobby.
- Our playgrounds are fenced and secured with gates to ensure your child can play outdoors safely.
- We continuously monitor all children, including when they enter or exit the building, enter or exit a vehicle or move to a new location in or around our school.
- Our school has smoke detectors and fire extinguishers, and both are regularly inspected.
- Our team members are certified in first aid and CPR. Our infant and toddler teachers receive SIDs training.
*We anticipate security cameras to be installed in all schools by May 2021.