We’ve been caring for and educating children since 1975. And we celebrated our 40th anniversary in 2015 with a “birthday bash” at all Sunshine House locations. Thank you to all of our families and staff for celebrating with us!
Why The Sunshine House?
- Programs for infants – 12 year olds
- Daily interaction with caring, experienced teachers
- Safe, licensed and secure facilities
- Nationally-recognized curriculum
- Regular assessments and communication
- FREE diapers and wipes ($50 monthly value)
- FREE Spanish and sign language programs (select classrooms)
- Full-time, part-time and drop-in programs
Do you remember where you were in 1975, the year we first opened our doors? Here are some fun facts and historical highlights from the year The Sunshine House was born…
- President: Gerald R. Ford
- Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.10
- Quart of milk: $0.46; loaf of bread: $0.33
- Vietnam War ends (April 30).
- VCRs are developed in Japan by Sony (Betamax) and Matsushita (VHS).
- Most popular toys: Mood rings, Rubik’s Cube, Pet Rocks, Magic 8-Balls
- Margaret Thatcher becomes Britain’s first female leader of any political party.
- Most popular selling car: Oldsmobile Cutlass
- Saturday Night Live premieres on NBC. George Carlin hosts the first show.
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest sweeps the top Oscars. Other popular movies from 1975 include Jaws and Nashville.
- Most popular TV show: All in the Family
- Song of the Year: “Love Will Keep Us Together” by Captain and Tennille